Anantara Vacation Club’s social media channels are social media locations for community members to connect and learn about us through information, pictures and video concerning initiatives and programs. Our goal is to provide useful and interesting content and foster an open and respectful dialogue relating to the specific issues and topics covered in our posts and other media.
Stay on topic. We encourage focused, thoughtful comments and discussion which respond or relate to a particular topic, new initiative or upcoming event. Comments which are not related to our content or attempt to derail the conversation may be removed.
Respectful to others: We welcome your comments on our social media pages and do not discriminate against any views. However, we request that postings and conversations are conducted in a respectful manner.
- are racist, hateful, sexist, slanderous, insulting or threatening
- suggest serious, unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- are abusive, aggressive, coarse, explicit, vulgar, violent, obscene or pornographic in tone or content
- are offensive, defamatory, disparaging or include slanderous statements to an individual or an organization
- encourage or suggest illegal activity, including fraud
- are not sent by the author and/or are posted by anonymous or robot accounts
- are put forward for advertising, phishing or spamming purposes, or are solicitations, advertisements or endorsements for any commercial or non-commercial entity
- are repetitive posts or spamming of threads
- are posted using all CAPS (it is difficult to read and is interpreted as yelling)
- contain personally identifiable information, including images, about you or any other person without that person’s consent, and
- are unintelligible or irrelevant or do not add to the normal flow of debate.
While we may moderate posts, we are not required to, nor should you expect that we will, take action in response to any content posted on our page or feed. The views expressed by others represent their own views and are not endorsed or approved by us, nor do we endorse or approve any events or other activities posted by a user. In short, be respectful and make sure your comments are relevant to the section where they are posted.
Our social media channels are not the appropriate place to resolve issues, complaints or suggestions about individual sales and service experiences or our products. This does not mean we do not want to hear about such issues, but these types of concerns are best handled by trained representatives. If you’re interested in sharing comments or feedback outside the scope of these channels, please contact us. Comments may be forwarded to other Anantara Vacation Club departments and personnel to ensure appropriate follow-up.
User Generated Content Terms and Conditions
- The selection of user generated social media content (“Content”) to use on Anantara Vacation Club social media channels & websites is carried out by MI Squared Limited referred to hereinafter as the “Company”. Users cannot apply for selection. The selections are final and are not subject to legal recourse.
- Selected participants (“Contributor”) must be aged 18 years or over.
- From time to time the Company selects posted Content that is relevant to and in conformity with the Anantara Vacation Club brand vision and brand principles (e.g. text, social media post, image or video) on the Company’s social media channels.
- Contributor consents to the Content being re-used on Anantara Vacation Club social media channels and/or websites of Anantara Vacation Club.
- Contributor specifically acknowledges that Company reserves the right to use any Content featuring the hashtag #anantaraclub and/or #anantara or including a location or social tag specific to an Anantara Vacation Club or Anantara Hotels & Resorts and may reference the original source of such Content.
- Content must feature the individual Contributor only. If there are group pictures/photographs/videos ，the Contributor is responsible to ensure each person featured gives their express consent and accepts these terms and conditions and use of their pictures/photographs/videos prior to use by the Company.
- Contributor warrants that the Content is your own creation and nothing is sourced from third parties.
- Content will be selected and used by the Company in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Contributor grants to MI Squared, its agents, representatives and others working for or on its behalf, and their respective licensees, affiliates, successors and assigns, for good and valuable consideration, the sufficiency of which is acknowledged by the Contributor, a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide, unrestricted, transferable , exclusive, irrevocable and unlimited license, right and permission to utilize the Content submitted by the Contributor, and to use, distribute, publish, exhibit, digitize, broadcast, display, disclose, remove, reproduce, prepare derivative works from, and otherwise exploit the Content, your likeness and any material in the Content or derived from it, in any manner or media whatsoever anywhere in the world, in perpetuity, including posting, reposting or sharing it on social media and/or websites of Anantara Vacation Club.
- The Company reserves the right not to use or to remove the released Content at any time.
- If Contributor deletes Content on the original platform of posting, it will be deleted from Anantara Vacation Club’s social media channels if the two platforms are linked, subject to a reasonable delay for technical reasons. If the Company has used the Content on other, unlinked channels such as on websites of Anantara Vacation Club, the Contributor can contact the Company on +662 365 7500 if it no longer wants that Content to be used and the Company will remove the Content within a reasonable period.
- In relation to Content, the Contributor represents and warrants that he/she has all rights necessary to grant these licenses, and that such Content, and provision or creation thereof, complies with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations and does not infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party, and is furthermore free from viruses and other malware. The Contributor, further to the extent permissible by law, irrevocably waives any “moral rights” or other rights with respect to attribution of authorship or integrity of materials regarding each item of user Content that it is submitted.
- The Content will be accessible to third parties via the social media sharing functionalities and tools. For these purposes the Company shall also be permitted to redesign, archive, reproduce, disseminate, display, publicly perform and/or replay and make publicly accessible, as well as to cut and edit, adapt and modify the user generated Content or any parts thereof, i.e., to recut (edit rights).
- The Contributor is responsible for all expenses, if any, not expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
- Illegible, corrupted Content, or Content which is otherwise not in accordance with these terms and conditions will not be valid.
- The Company and its agents will only use personal information supplied by the Contributor to this Activity for the purposes of administering this Activity, unless consent is received to use such information for any other purpose.
- The Company’s decision is binding in all matters relating to the Content, and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Company accepts no liability for any damage, loss or injury suffered due to submission of Content and use of such Content.
- By authorizing use of their Content, the Contributor accepts the present terms and conditions of use, as well as the Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat terms and conditions.
- These terms and conditions (and any non-contractual disputes/claims which arise out of or in connection with them) will be governed by the laws of Thailand and Contributor submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Thai courts.
Thank you for helping us to foster an open and respectful dialogue within our community.